Wednesday, June 20, 2012

HARPY EAGLE!!!!!

Grace happend today and resulted in my third wild sighting of a Harpy Eagle. This time I saw it from in front of my room here at Refugio Amazonas. The Harpy is one of the largest eagles in the word with talons large enough to slay a howler monkey and that are as wide as a man's wrist at the ankle. The earth almost seems to shake when they press off of a perch to take flight. 

The sighting came about as a result of observing the signs correctly: 
1) It started raining and then the sun came out so it became a sun shower; 2) I look out the back of my room and notice I bit of a rainbow forming in the fine spray of raindrops:
3) I think to myself, hmmmm maybe if I step outside of my room and get more space in front of me I will see and even bigger rainbow!;
4) I recall the rainbow halo of many bodhisattvas;
5) I step outside and after taking 5 steps for some reason I look up in the opposite direction of where the predicted rainbow was supposed to be:
6) I see a HUUUUGE HARPY EAGLE flying to a Brazil Nut tree just on the edge of the lodge's clearing and I see it fly just moment there is a gap large enough for me to see it, identify it, and think OMFG that's a Harpy Eagle!!:
7) TIME STOPS;
8) This is one of the 1000's of reasons why I LOVE the rainforest: when you contemplate the sighting of rare and majestic creatures and the perfect serendipity of the experience, it stuns the mind with the beautiful perfection of it. 

Amazonian Yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment